For everyone who hasn’t attended this event – you bring the games and game systems; screens and projectors will be setup.
- 5 PM – the 4 100″ screens get setup…
- 6 PM – 7 PM – Scouts and parents show up
- ~7:30 PM – pizza arrives
- 8 PM – parents will be invited to participated in a Friends of Scouting presentation
- 11 PM – the Scouts pass out from the overload
- 7-8 AM – donuts, fruit, juice and coffee, and everyone goes home… (and a few of us vacuum and clean the church library)
What you should bring?
- $5 per person for food
- An additional $4 for each Pinewood Derby car kit you want to purchase. The derby car build day will be 1/12 and the actual derby on 1/19. This will be your only opportunity to buy a car without having to go to the Scout Store.
- Sleeping bags, cots and/or foam pads (we’ll be sleeping on the carpeted floors in the library and in the school rooms next to it)
- Any food you’d like to bring to share (please avoid anything that can’t sit out – pizza, pizza rolls, and chicken nuggets will already be provided)
- Appropriate board or card games. We’ll have the Star Trek Lego set that we didn’t finish last year ready to go!
- Video games (only age appropriate multi-player games will be played. Games with mature ratings are not allowed.)
Pizza is provided for dinner, some people go home to sleep, some people sleepover at the church, light breakfast is provided on Sunday morning, and we cleanup and leave before church services/activities get started.
Email me directly if you have any additional questions.
P.S. Happy holidays!
P.P.S. You can always visit, hang out and leave later in the evening. Many Scouts just do this.