Thanks to Swaroop for helping me deliver awards today!
A few notes:
1) You will need a safety pin to attach the tiger, wolf or bear patch to your Scout’s uniform until you get a chance to actually sow it. Some of the badge envelopes have these, and some don’t (the earlier ones don’t because I hadn’t gone to the church to get them). The link for #2 below shows you the bobcat/wolf/bear/tiger layout.
2) In the envelopes are service stars. These represent how many Scouting years your Scouts participated in the program. Page two of the following shows the placement above the pocket where the bobcat/tiger/etc get sown.
Each year, your Scout will turn their pin back in and get a higher number.
3) Tigers! Some of the Tigers will be finishing one last belt loop tomorrow, the Good Knights. Each Tiger has one of those in their envelope, but they may not get recognized since they aren’t done yet, so hold on to that one please:
There were some things that I could not get from the store:
- Journey to Excellence patches (this is the recognition of the quality of our pack program each year)
- Protect Yourself Rules belt loops. Several Scouts earned this. I’ll keep trying to get these, and we’ll present them first thing in the fall.
Finally, we will have our annual planning meeting at 7 PM on Tuesday August 4th via Zoom. Everyone is encouraged to participate as we will be deciding on the program plan for next year. Email on this to follow.