Hello, Pack Parents!
If you haven’t yet, please register for the Blue & Gold coming up this weekend so we have a proper head count and know what dishes will be served at the potluck.
This is a must-attend event!
All of the dens will be acting out skits and singing songs that they’ve worked on, and we can’t pull that off without all of our Cubs being present. This is also the graduation of several of our Arrow of Light scouts, who will be moving on to the Scouts BSA program. Out of respect and loyalty, we should all be there, every one of us, to congratulate our pack brothers and see them off as they begin their training to become our country’s future leaders.
This party will be worth attending, trust me – this will be like no other Blue & Gold that you’ve ever attended. Seriously.
What will the Blue & Gold program consist of?
First and foremost, this is a birthday party for Scouting! This is a huge party with decorations, lots of food, music, entertainment and, of course, cake and ice cream!
The program starts as early as 4:30 pm for those early-comers, but ceremonies don’t begin until 5 pm. The program will end at roughly 7 pm, and we’ll have a short cleanup before we go.
- We’ll have a supercharged “Gathering,” which is a pre-meeting Cub Scout game or challenge. This weekend, it’ll be even better than usual with lots of games and challenges, sponsored by our brother pack, 221 Mt. Washington.
- Some dens will receive loops and pins prior to the start of the ceremonies.
- There will be skits from all of the dens, as well as some surprise skits to that even our leaders don’t know about yet! This will be some goofy, entertaining stuff.
- There will be our time-honored tradition of watching our Cubmasters and Committee leaders make fools of themselves. (Yay!)
- We’ll sing lots of Cub Scout songs, including our tradition of singing Pack 3807‘s own songs that have been sung by many, many generations of 3807 Cub Scouts!
- We’ll perform the ceremonial bridging ceremony for our Arrow of Light Scouts as they transition from our program to the Scouts BSA program (formerly known as Boy Scouts). It will be an amazing sight – it’ll be the first time we’re doing the Arrow of Light bridging indoors, on our brand new ceremonial bridge (yep, there will be an actual bridge built in the fellowship hall – now that’s worth the price of admission alone, am I right?).
What about food?
- This is a potluck dinner, so everyone will be pitching in. When you register, you can choose from the suggested dishes, or bring your own specialty to show off to everyone! Vegetarian dishes will be available, and all potluck items are required to be nut free, however dishes may contain gluten.
- There will be fun foods such as the world-famous 3807 “Campfire Bar,” consisting of:
- HOT CHOCOLATE STATION where Scouts (and adults) can create their own drink with all kinds of toppings.
- S’MORES STATION where Scouts (and, lucky for us, adults too!) can cook marshmallows over the campfire (indoor version) and make sandwiches with graham crackers and chocolate bars. (Fun fact: S’mores were invented for scouting.)
- And, as you’ve probably gathered already, there will be tons of Cub Scout cake and ice cream, along with lots of other yummy desserts from our scout families!
Is there an entrance fee?
Yes, we are asking for $4 per person, payable at the door in cash, check or credit card. This is to help defray the costs of the banquet, It’s important that we get as many attendees as possible because Cub Scout packs rely on fundraisers like this one in addition to registration fees and donations in order to keep the program running.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Dave or me. I look forward to seeing you at the Blue & Gold Banquet this Sunday!!!
Yours in Scouting,